So where do I want to go in the future? What exotic locations pull at my heart-strings and beg me to visit them?
Here are a few:
- Singapore - by train
- For a truly Palinesque journey, I want to take the train from Scotland to Singapore. This may take a certain
amount of time and money, neither of which I have in large quantities at the moment.
- I haven't been to the Black Forest, but keep on meeting people from there. So I want to visit some time soon.
- Reykjavik seems like such a cool place to go. And this small country of a quarter of a million people has produced
the "Strongest man in the World" and two "Miss Worlds", so there are probably quite a few cuties
there! You can even take a day trip to Greenland.
- I want to visit my penpal Sergay, and see the rest of Karelia while I am at it. So Helsinki, Joensuu, Petrozavodsk
and St. Petersburg. If I had more time, Hamburg, Copenhagen and Oulu would be nice to visit too.
- Now that's a place with some ancient culture! The Sphinx, Pyramids, Nile, King Tut's tomb, etc. and the 600
muslim minarets of Cairo vieing with the most ancient Christian monasteries. How exotic can you get?
- USA - Pride Crawl
- Could be fun to fly around the USA one summer, visiting all the Pride celebrations.
- Travelling by boat up the Rhine and down the Danube, you would go through lots of European countries. The only
problem is that it seems to be much more expensive to travel alone on such a cruise than with someone else. Of
course the Yugoslavs have not exactly helped in making the Danube a safe place to travel either.
- Been to Pattaya twice already. Pattaya is to Bangkok what Brighton is to London. Be nice to visit again to
get some cheap clothes and see the friendly people once more.
- Having grown up here, I want to return to see how it has changed, and what still stays the same. Suva definately
needs to be revisited.
- The Ahaggar mountains in the middle of the Sahara desert, surrounded by an ocean of sand, must make for a pretty
interesting (but hot) to visit. One for the distant future.
- Kerguelen Island
- Talk about out of the way! If you're after solitude, this must be the place. A bit windy though, methinks.
Another one for the distant future.
Copyright © 1996, 1999 Carl Muller (email@example.com).
All Rights Reserved.